Introduction to Scipion Developer¶
Become a Scipion developer in 9 steps¶
If you are new to Scipion, you will find useful to follow this steps:
- Read the project definition. After this, you should have a better idea of the context of our work and what Scipion is and which are the motivations behind. Don’t worry if you feel a bit lost with so much information, you can read this again.
- Read the Scipion Architecture to have an idea of the “big picture” of the project. You should know the basic components of Scipions and how they interact.
- How-to-Install in your system. You will get your hands dirty with some source code compilation and installations.
- Eclipse-IDE before start developing in Scipion. Eclipse is the IDE that we use, but you are also free to select your preferred one.
- Read some basic tips about git. We use git as our versioning system, so it will be useful to have a basic knowledge about it.
- Read the style guide to start coding Python. The style is very important in order to write clear and readable code as a team.
- Check the Design Style guide for images, colours, messages, etc.
- See the introduction to the Introduction to Scipion web.
- Find complementary materials about Structural Biology and Electron Microscopy in Additional information.
- Join our mailing lists:
- Scipion-developers: Join our slack space, request us to invite you email@example.com
- Scipion-users: https://sourceforge.net/projects/scipion/lists/scipion-users
Xmipp developers stuff contains info which might also be relevant to Scipion.