Creating a new webtool¶
Steps to create a new web tool:
. Add an entry point in the services page: Go to webservice_projects.html and add an entry point for the new webtool.
- Create the webtool home page: We need to create the webtool home page.
- Create a python package for the webtool inside under pyworkflow/web/webtools/
- now, in the webtool package folder:
- in the __init__.py add “from urls import urls”
- create urls.py based on other webtools an customize appropriately.
- create views.py based on other webtools an customize appropriately.
- For this you might need to create the test data: add your test data in the Test/__init__.py file and use it in the create project method.
- create the .js utils file based on other webtools an customize appropriately under <webtool_package>/resources/js/
- create the set of .html file based on other webtools an customize appropriately under <webtool_package>/templates
- add an import of your new views file (views.py) in the views_webtools.py
- Each webtool runs with its own config files for protocols.conf and hosts.conf. Although the protocol.conf will be created if it doesn’t exists, the host.conf needs to be there. So copy a host.conf from other webtool and place it under ~/.config/scipion/[new web tool]/